Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Book Club and New Recipe - Hearty Vegan Carrot and Potato Curry

I am trying to make time this year to go back to my book club meetings.  The group I belong to is called the Hungry Intellectuals.  In addition to reading one non-fiction book per month on any of a wide variety of topics, we also each bring a dish and share a meal over the discussion.  This month's book was The Devil in the White City.  It's supposed to be a #1 Bestseller, but I kept falling asleep while trying to read it. (Oops!)  I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt that it's because I'm no longer taking my "wakefulness" medication and not because the book is a slow read.

Anyway, since I can't really say much about the book, I'll just tell you about the dish I made.  I originally thought I might make a potato avocado soup I saw online, but decided that the weather isn't really appropriate right now for a cold soup.  Instead, I made a curry stew with potatoes, carrots, onions, cauliflower, chickpeas, bell peppers, and coconut milk.  I put all the ingredients into the recipe calculator at My Fitness Pal, and it actually only has 145 calories per cup.  I uploaded the recipe to AllRecipes.com and may try to start doing that at least once a month.  We'll see how that goes. :)




Hopefully I'll be able to write another post this month to let you know the good news about my weight loss journey.  (Hint: Check the badge in my side bar.)

Until next time,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment